RCRA Hazardous Waste Generator Training - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51758, 66687
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous waste that is improperly managed poses a serious threat to human health and the environment, including wildlife. In addition, violations can cost businesses thousands of dollars, and cleanup efforts may cost them millions.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulates hazwaste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). According to the EPA's website, this act "created the framework for America's hazardous and non-hazardous waste management programs."
This course is designed to guide hazwaste generators through federal hazardous waste management regulations. Specifically, it covers waste identification, generator category determination, waste management, waste preparation for transport, and emergency planning.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Waste Identification
- Solid Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Characteristic Waste
- Generator Categories
- Volume of Hazwaste
- Notify EPA of Hazwaste Activity
- Obtain EPA ID Number
- Managing Hazardous Waste
- Central & Satellite Accumulation Areas
- Container Management
- Waste Treatment & Land Disposal
- Shipping Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Materials Regulations
- Hazwaste Manifest
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Emergency Procedures
- Contingency Plans
- After completing this RCRA training course, learners will be able to:
- Identify solid wastes, listed hazardous wastes, and characteristic wastes
- Determine their generator category and how to obtain an EPA ID Number
- Explain how to manage the hazwaste they produce
- Describe how to prepare and ship hazwaste
- Discuss how to plan for emergencies
- Intended Audience: Any employee in any industry whose company is involved in processes which produce hazardous waste.
- Reg Covered: 40 CFR Part 262
- Length: 45 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.