Power Tool & Extension Cord Safety - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51179
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Power tools are common pieces of workplace equipment that greatly reduce the time it takes to complete tasks. Extension cords allow you to operate these power tools in places not easily reached by using just the cord on the tool itself. However, both can pose a serious risk to you if they're not handled, operated, or maintained properly. The good news is, most accidents and injuries are often preventable by properly inspecting both before every use, as well as following safe work practices.
This course is designed to familiarize you with potential hazards related to power tools and extension cords, as well as help you understand what preventive measures you can take to stay safe while handling and operating them.
- The J. J. Keller's Power Tool & Extension Cord Safety eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Intro to Power Tools
- Types of Power Tools
- Types of Hazards
- Using Extension Cords Safely
- Types of Cords
- Performing Inspections
- Using Extension Cords
- Addressing Damaged Cords
- Using Power Tools Safely
- Addressing Damaged Tools
- Intro to Power Tools
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the hazards
- Explain when and how to properly inspect extension cords
- Discuss basic rules for safe handling and operation
- Intended Audience: Any employee who uses any power tool or extension cord
- Regs Covered:
- OSHA's General Duty Clause: Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970
- 29 CFR 1910.132: General requirements for PPE
- 29 CFR 1910.334: Subpart S: Electrical, Use of Equipment
- Length: 35 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.