Office Safety - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Codes: 49766, 51848
NOTE: This title incorporates necessary changes based on OSHA's "Walking-Working Surfaces" rule published November 18, 2016.
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Employers value their employees and want them to leave work in the same way they arrive — safely. Yet, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were approximately 2.9 million nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses reported by private industry employers in 2015.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) takes safety very seriously. Under the General Duty Clause, employers are required to provide their employees with a workplace "free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm". Additionally, 29 CFR 1910 Subpart D states walking-working surfaces be "kept in clean, orderly, and sanitary conditions".
It's important to remember that enforcing safety rules is not just the employer's responsibility. Employees also play a critical role in creating and maintaining a safe office working environment for themselves and their coworkers.
This course is designed to help office workers recognize, avoid and eliminate hazards in their workplace. Specifically, it will teach them to take the proper measures to ensure their own safety and the safety of others.
- The J. J. Keller's Office Safety eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Setting Up Your Personal Work Station
- Walking-Working Surfaces
- Your Body
- Office Equipment
- Office Supplies
- Moving Throughout the Work Day
- Staying Safe Around the Office
- Avoid Slips, Trips, & Falls
- Use Proper Lifting Techniques
- Use Areas for their Intended Purpose
- Correct & Report Hazards
- Report & Manage Injuries
- Setting Up Your Personal Work Station
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss ways to support good housekeeping throughout the office and work station
- Identify ways to modify their work environment to prevent injury
- Recognize various potential hazards in the office environment
- Intended Audience: All employees working in an office environment
- Length: 30 minutes
- Regs Covered: OSHA General Duty Clause; 29 CFR 1910 Subpart D; 1910.141 Sanitation
- Copyright Date: 2017
- Available in English & Spanish
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-800-327-6868.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.