Office Ergonomics - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Regulations covered: OSHA General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1)
- Helps employees identify ergonomic risks in their workplace and aid in reducing their chances of experiencing ergonomics-related injuries while on-the-job
- J. J. Keller's Office Ergonomics eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to ergonomics
- Ergonomic Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) - What are they, how do they develop
- Types of Injuries - To the eyes, neck, shoulders, elbow, wrist, finger, back
- Factors that Cause Pain or Injury - Excessive force, repetitive movement, awkward postures, static postures, quick motions, compression or contact stress, vibration
- The Ergo-Friendly Work Environment
- Your Equipment - Desk, chair, monitor, keyboard, mouse, laptop, smartphone/tablet, document holder, wrist rest, foot rest, lighting
- Your Work - Use any tools or engineering controls made available by your employer, Break up tasks when you can and add variety to tasks so your muscles and other soft tissues do not experience fatigue, Use any personal protective equipment required for your job, Use proper lifting techniques for anything you need to lift. This will be covered later in this course.
- Your Body - Explanation proper posture/neutral position and why it is important in performing job tasks
- Job Safety Analysis - What is it, how can you contribute
- Staying Healthy
- Moving Through the Work Day - Stretches, take breaks, change position
- Healthy Lifestyle - Exercise, staying hydrated, eating right, stress, sleep
- Reporting and Managing Injuries - When to report, who to report it to, what to do when you are injured on-the-job
- Intended Audience: All employees working in an office environment
- Length: Approximately 30 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2015 (Rev. 1/16)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what ergonomics is and why it is important
- Discuss what types of activities may lead to pain or injury
- Recognize signs and symptoms of MSDs and other ergonomics-related injuries
- Identify ways to adjust your work environment to prevent injury
- Demonstrate ways to support your ergonomic health at work and at home.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.