Master Driver - Air Brakes - Online Training
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Improper brake adjustment is the #1 reason tractor-trailers go out of service. In general, today's drivers are not as mechanically inclined as those in the past, and many don't understand the basic functions of air brakes and how to inspect them.
This course is designed to help drivers understand the difference between service brakes and air brakes, how to keep the brake system properly maintained, and how to use brakes correctly so they don’t wear too fast or fail when needed most.
- The J. J. Keller Master Driver – Air Brakes online course covers the following topics:
- Service Brakes
- Service Brakes
- Air Brake System
- Pre-trip Inspection
- Trailer Brakes
- Spring Brakes
- Spring Brake System
- Using the Brake System
- Safe Braking
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Emergency Braking
- After completing this course, learners will understand:
- How air brakes work
- How to keep the brake system properly maintained
- How to use brakes correctly so they don’t wear too fast or fail when they’re needed most
- Intended Audience: CMV Drivers
- Length: 45 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2010 (Rev. 2/18)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.