Ladder Safety for General Industry - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Falls are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries and deaths. Recently, the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated slips, trips, and falls account for more than 300,000 nonfatal injuries and 800 fatal work injuries in one year. OSHA regulates ladder use in all general industry workplaces under Subpart D, "Walking-Working Surfaces," because 20% of all falls from ladders end fatally.
This program is designed to help learners understand OSHA ladder requirements. Specifically, it will cover the potential hazards and protective measures you can take while working with ladders to help prevent injuries and keep you safe.
- The J. J. Keller's Ladder Safety for General Industry eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Potential Hazards
- Intro to Potential Hazards
- Unsafe Environment
- Unsafe Equipment
- Unsafe Behavior
- Employer Requirements
- Types of Ladders
- What is a Ladder?
- Portable Ladders
- Mobile Ladder Platforms & Stands
- Fixed Ladders
- Using Ladders Safely
- Choosing the Right Ladder
- Inspecting a Ladder
- Ladder Maintenance
- Using a Ladder
- Storing a Ladder
- Potential Hazards
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize potential hazards related to ladders
- Identify the different types of ladders and their main components
- Describe safety measures to take when using ladders
- Intended Audience: All general industry employees who use ladders in the workplace
- Length: 17 minutes
- Available in English or Spanish
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910 Subpart D
- Copyright Date: 2017, Spanish 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.