If you've filed your IRS Form 2290 by mail in the past, you know it took weeks to receive your stamped Schedule 1. With the 2290online.com Service, the filing process can be completed in minutes, and you can have your Schedule 1, with electronic stamp, in as little as 24 hours.
If you have any vehicles over 55,000 pounds, use 2290online.com to e-file. Whether you're an owner/operator or a fleet of thousands, you can have the benefits of HVUT e-filing with J. J. Keller's proven technology.
IRS 2290 Details
Form 2290 must be filed the month after a taxable vehicle is first used on public highways during the current period. The current period begins July 1 and ends June 30 of the following year.
The 2290 form must be filed by the last day of the month following the first month of use. The filing rules apply whether you are paying the tax or reporting suspension of the tax.
Annual filings of IRS Form 2290 are typically completed from July 1 through August 31.
Taxes are complicated, but filing your HVUT doesn't have to be.
Form 2290 Pricing
J. J. Keller's pricing is set up to accommodate any size fleet or filing frequency. Choose to "pay per filing" with low individual filing fees, or choose one of our annual filing plans, in which you pay on the volume of filings performed. You have the option of selecting your plan when setting up your account. Get pricing details.
Knowing what you're required to do, and when, can help assure your HVUT filings go smoothly.
Top 10 HVUT Filing Tips
A new filing year for the heavy vehicle use tax (HVUT) is upon us, and this year's due date, August 31, is approaching quickly.
You're subject to the tax if:
- You're registering a vehicle in your name;
- The vehicle has a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more; and
- You're using the vehicle on a public roadway.
The HVUT isn't overly complex, but there are still requirements surrounding this tax that can get you into trouble if you're not careful.
We've compiled our top 10 filing tips to help you ensure you're filing correctly and following the rules:
- Make sure you have an EIN
- File on time to avoid accrued penalties and interest, as well as potentially not being able to register your vehicles
- Check your work to avoid having to file amended or corrected returns in the future
- E-file to help reduce errors and receive your proof of tax payment virtually immediately
- Use a trustworthy firm to help you file
- Suspend the tax if you can
- Be sure to claim your credits or refunds
- Know when you might need to file again
- Know your options for payment
- Keep proper records
Why J. J. Keller?
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. provides products and services to help companies with transportation operations simplify compliance with complicated government regulations.
Established in 1953, we now serve over 300,000 companies around the world. In addition, nearly 1,000 fleets with 400,000 drivers and vehicles are using our systems to manage their regulatory compliance and operations.