Injury Prevention for CMV Drivers - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 48454
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professional truck drivers sustain more injuries keeping them off the job for longer periods of time than workers in any other industry. Ironically, many of those injuries occur during non-driving activities. In fact, most driver injuries are caused by unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, errors in judgment or environmental dangers.
- This program is designed to help drivers avoid preventable injuries while on the job by recognizing and avoiding risks and adopting safe work practices.
- The J. J. Keller's Injury Prevention for CMV Drivers eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Moving Around Your Tractor Trailer
- Stopping on the Side of the Road
- Driving Your Tractor Trailer
- Proper Seated Position
- Whole Body Vibration
- Loading & Unloading Your Cargo
- Loading Dock Safety
- Pushing, Pulling, & Lifting Loads
- Coupling & Uncoupling Your Tractor Trailer
- Lowering & Raising Landing Gear
- Pulling Fifth Wheel & Sliding Tandem Releases
- Positioning Converter Dollies by Hand
- Working in Extreme Weather Conditions
- Extreme Heat
- Extreme Cold
- Moving Around Your Tractor Trailer
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to properly mount and dismount their tractor trailer
- Recognize safety precautions to take when conducting inspections and while stopped on the side of the road
- Discuss positions and techniques to use while driving to help prevent long-term injuries
- Explain how to properly load and unload cargo and move around the loading dock safely
- Describe how to operate landing gear, pull releases, and position converter dollies by hand without sustaining injuries
- Identify ways to stay safe while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold temperatures
- Intended Audience: All drivers of vehicles that require a CDL to operate.
- Length: 20 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.