Hours of Service Rules for Passenger-Carrying CMV Drivers - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 50049
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
The purpose of the hours of service (HOS) regulations is to keep tired drivers off the road. After many hours behind the wheel, fatigue sets in, and it can lead to bad decisions and potentially serious, if not deadly, crashes. For the safety of all drivers and passengers, compliance with the hours of service regulations has been required for drivers of passenger-carrying vehicles since the 1930's.
This course is designed to give drivers and carriers of buses and motorcoaches an overview of the FMCSA's DOT hours of service rules and how to comply with them.
- The J. J. Keller's Hours of Service Rules for Passenger-Carrying CMV Drivers eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Hours of Service
- The Regulations
- Who is Regulated?
- Impact on CSA BASIC Scores
- On-Duty and Off-Duty Time
- Personal Conveyance
- 8-Hour (off duty) Rule
- 10-Hour (driving) Rule
- 15-Hour (on duty) Rule
- 60-/70-Hour (on duty) Rule
- 14/15-Day Rule
- Sleeper Berth
- Ill or Fatigued Operator
- Record of Duty Status
- ELD Mandate
- Harassment or Coercion of Drivers Prohibited
- Required Components
- Supporting Documents & Retention
- 100 Air-Mile Radius
- Non-Business Private Motor Carriers of Passengers
- Adverse Driving Conditions
- Alaska Drivers
- Hawaii Drivers
- Introduction to Hours of Service
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose of the hours of service regulations, who is regulated, and the impact on drivers
- Explain how to comply with hours of service rules
- Identify required Record of Duty Status components and supporting documents
- Discuss some of the most frequently used exceptions
- Intended Audience: Passenger-carrying CMV drivers and carriers
- Regs Covered: 49 CFR Part 395
- Length: 45 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.