HAZWOPER: Chemical Fundamentals - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51584, 66635
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to inform learners of how chemical-related terms are defined, the health and physical hazards, properties, stability, reactivity, and toxicity of chemicals, and the routes, symptoms, types, and effects of chemical exposure.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Intro to Chemicals
- What is a Chemical?
- Understanding the Chemicals in Your Workplace
- Types of Chemical Hazards
- Health Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Other Hazards
- Properties of a Chemical
- Stability & Reactivity
- Chemical Stability
- Chemical Reactivity
- Toxicity & Dosage
- Routes of Exposure
- Exposure Symptoms & Effects
- Intro to Chemicals
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of knowing what chemicals are in the workplace
- Describe the difference between a health hazard and a physical hazard
- Recognize different chemical properties
- Explain the difference between stability and reactivity as they pertain to chemicals
- Discuss toxicity, dose, exposure limits, routes of exposure, and acute and chronic exposure
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in:
- Hazardous waste cleanup operations where the employee may be exposed to hazardous substances; or
- A response to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1910.1200, 29 CFR 1926.65 and 40 CFR 311
- Length: 50 minutes
- Language: Available in English and Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2017
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Initial Training: Awareness-Level Responders Curriculum.
To view the other 2 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of emergency responders training, visit the Hazwoper Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.