Hazmat: Security Awareness Training - Online Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 50066, 57428
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous materials (hazmat) are substances or materials that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has determined are capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety and property when transported in commerce. The Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) are a set of rules established by The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) to ensure hazmat is packaged and handled safely during transport.
The security measures your employees will take to protect hazmat varies depending on your company, location, and job responsibilities. It also depends on how dangerous the hazmat is and what kinds of hazards it might pose if it fell into the wrong hands. But, if your employees are involved in any part of the hazmat transportation process, they share in the responsibility of keeping hazmat secure until it reaches its final destination.
Hazmat: Security Awareness Training is designed to introduce hazmat employees to security risks associated with the hazmat transportation process and ways to enhance security, as well as how to spot a possible security threat and respond appropriately. This course helps employees meet the security awareness training requirement (49 CFR 172.704(a)(4)).
Note: This course helps hazmat employees meet the training requirements listed in the HMR, but does not completely satisfy them. Additional employer-specific, in-depth security, and function-specific training may also need to be taken.
- The Security Awareness Training eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Importance of Hazmat Security
- Reducing the Risk
- In-Depth Security Training
- Before taking this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify the required training all hazmat employees must receive
- Determine if a material is hazardous
- Recognize the hazard classes and divisions used to identify hazardous materials
- Recall what makes a material a hazardous substance, hazardous waste, marine pollutant, or elevated-temperature material
- Indicate the importance of the Hazmat Table
- Communicate a material's hazards through the use of shipping papers, markings, labels, and placards
- These prerequisites can be fulfilled by using the J. J. Keller® Hazmat: General Awareness Training - Online Training Course
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize potential hazmat security threats and ways to reduce them
- Identify suspicious behaviors and describe how to report suspicious activity
- List precautions drivers should take to keep hazmat safe while en route to its destination
- Intended Audience: All hazmat employees, across industries, who work with or around shipments of hazardous materials
- Regs Covered: 49 CFR 172.704(a)(4)
- Language: Available in English or Spanish
- Length: 20 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.