Hazardous Substances: Spill Discovery & Notification - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51305
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
When a hazardous spill (or release) occurs, a prompt and appropriate response is important for the health and safety of everyone and everything involved. A delayed or improper response can result in damage, illness and injury, and in some cases, create life-threatening situations.
This course is designed to help you better understand the potential effects hazardous spills can have on your health and safety, the environment and your organization. It will also cover the initial steps you need to take if a hazardous spill occurs while at work.
(NOTE: This course does NOT cover the actual handling of a spill or its cleanup. Also, this course is NOT meant to satisfy the training requirements for any HAZWOPER or emergency response training level under 29 CFR 1910.120 or 1926.65.)
- The J. J. Keller's Hazardous Substances: Spill Discovery & Notification eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Hazardous Substances
- What is a Hazardous Substance?
- Routes of Exposure
- Health & Physical Hazards of Exposure
- Hazardous Spills
- Real-Life Examples
- What is a Spill?
- Different Types
- Factors that Affect Severity
- Common Causes
- Potential Consequences
- Prevention & Planning
- Planning Ahead
- Discovery & Notification
- Discovering a Spill
- Notifying Proper Personnel
- Hazardous Substances
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe hazardous substances and the harmful effects associated with them
- Explain the common causes of hazardous spills
- Identify ways to prevent and plan for them
- List the steps an employee should take upon discovery of one at work
- Intended Audience: Employees who may discover a hazardous spill or release but are unauthorized to confine, contain, control or clean up the spill
- Pre-Requisite: This introductory course is a pre-requisite for Hazardous Substances: Incidental Spill Response Course
- Length: 25 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.