HazCom: What You Need To Know with GHS - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Hazardous chemicals are a fact of life in most workplaces. They're needed to help manufacture many of the products we use in our daily lives. The potential for accidents, incidents, and injuries is always present when people work with, or in the vicinity of, hazardous chemicals. But by knowing and understanding the basic nature of those chemicals and how to safely work with or around them, employees can greatly decrease any risk that might be present.
- This course is designed to instruct learners about chemicals and the methods used to provide them with information about their hazards. Specifically, it covers how to keep themselves safe through education on the Hazard Communication Standard, chemical hazards, Safety Data Sheets, container labels, and best practices.
- This course helps your English-, Spanish-, and French Canadian-speaking learners comply with the initial and refresher training requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) and applicable GHS requirements. The intended audience includes all employees who work in the United States and have an exposure or a potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals. It's targeted at employees who need a general overview of the Hazard Communication standard's requirements.
- J. J. Keller's HazCom: What You Need To Know with GHS eLearning course covers the following topic:
- What You'll Learn
- Hazardous Chemicals
- HazCom Standard
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Hazards of Chemicals
- Chemical Classification
- Chemical Inventory
- Safety Data Sheets
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- How to Use SDSs
- Label elements
- Keeping Safe
- Written Program
- Keep Yourself Safe
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe how the Hazard Communication Standard keeps you safe from the dangers of hazardous chemicals
- List common hazards of chemicals you may encounter
- Describe how Safety Data Sheets can help you work safely with chemicals
- Explain what to look for on chemical container labels to determine if the chemical is hazardous
- Recognize how to keep yourself safe when working with chemicals
- Intended Audience: All employees who have an exposure or a potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Length: 45 minutes
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.1200
- Copyright Date: English 2013 (Rev. 8/16), Spanish 2013, French Canadian 2013 (Rev. 12/17)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.