Fire Extinguisher Use - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Regulations covered: 29 CFR 1910.157 (Portable Fire Extinguishers)
- Helps employees assess the situation and decide the best course of action (evacuate and report the fire or try to put out the fire using a fire extinguisher) to keep themselves and those around them safe.
- The J. J. Keller's Fire Extinguisher Use eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Classifications and Types
- Classes of Fire (A, B, C, D, K, ABC/BC)
- Fire Extinguisher Parts (operating lever/button, locking pin, carrying handle, pressure indicator gauge, hose, cylinder, label, nozzle/discharge horn)
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
- Precautions (call fire department, evacuate building, fire is confined, source is known, safe exit, right type of extinguisher, trained in using it)
- PASS Technique (pull, aim, squeeze, sweep)
- Classifications and Types
- Intended Audience: All employees
- Length: Approximately 20 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2015 (Rev. 3/16)
- Available in English & Spanish
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the different classes of fires and determine when to use each type of fire extinguisher
- List all parts of a fire extinguisher
- Identify precautions that must be taken before using a fire extinguisher, and
- Demonstrate how to extinguish a fire using the PASS technique
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-800-327-6868.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.