Note: When ordering Pay Per View Training, you will be provided a link to access the Basic program you purchased. You will have 72 hour access to the program starting from the time you click the link.
On December 16, 2015, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) published the "Electronic Logging Device and Supporting Documents Final Rule." This rule, often called the ELog rule or the ELD Mandate, requires almost all drivers who complete logs be switched over to electronic logging devices (ELDs) by December 18, 2017.
ELD is the most recent term to define an electronic device that can record a driver's driving hours and duty status automatically. This automatic connection to a vehicle's engine improves ELD compliance with the hours of service rules and simplifies the overall recordkeeping process.
This program is designed to familiarize you with the basics of ELD device use, technical specifications of logging devices, and driver and carrier responsibilities.
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Discuss which drivers are required to use an ELD and by when
- Describe basic system and device requirements
- Explain how drivers will comply with records management and roadside inspections
- Review rule provisions for carriers in regard to supporting documents and harassment prevention
- Pay Per View format allows trainers to conduct effective, affordable training wherever they have Internet access
- Available as a Basic program - (see "Components" tab for details)
- Includes 3 days of access to the video plus quiz and answer key
- Program is viewable from video-capable, internet-connected mobile devices such as an iPhone and iPad, as well as most Android tablets and phones
FREE Recordkeeping Tool
Training documentation is essential – and sometimes required. Our FREE recordkeeping tool enables you to keep track of any training session on any topic, regardless of the training format you purchase. You'll know which employees trained on which topics and when. Just register now to get started.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-327-6868. Learn more.