Training Program Components
- (1) 25-Minute Video - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Discussion Guide (not sold separately) - Provides defensive driving information and talking points to help you develop meaningful training sessions.
- (10) Employee Handbook - Product Code: 30200 (823-H) - Gives employees critical defensive driving info to better ensure safety.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 30198 (014-K -P) - Hang this eye-catching poster in a high-traffic area to remind employees about the importance of defensive driving.
- (1) Trainer's Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with a sample pre-trip inspection checklist, quizzes, clip art, posters and a training log. The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5.
DVD Main menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific sub-topics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Overview of driving attitudes and mindset
- Definition of defensive driving
- Trip planning
- Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection
- Hazard Perception
- Having Heightened Awareness
- Scanning Techniques
- Speed & Space Management
- Managing Your Speed
- Proper Following Distances
- Maintaining Your Space Cushion
- Maintaining Proper Attitude
- Playing "what if" to anticipate hazards
- Distracted Driving
- Three types of distractions (visual, physical, mental)
- Dangers of texting while driving
- Weather Hazards
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- DVD-ROM drive