Crystalline Silica for General Industry Employers - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 48457, 56101
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), approximately 295,000 workers are exposed to crystalline silica, a common mineral whose dust can lead to serious medical issues if exposure is not limited.
- This course is designed to educate employers on how to protect their employees from the dangers of crystalline silica dust. Specifically, it covers 29 CFR 1910.1053, OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Rule for General Industry.
- J. J. Keller’s Crystalline Silica for General Industry Employers covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Crystalline Silica
- What is Crystalline Silica?
- Occupational Exposure
- Health Hazards
- Hazard Communication
- Exposure Control
- Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- Exposure Assessment
- Regulated Areas
- Methods of Compliance
- Respiratory Protection
- Written Exposure Control Plan
- Medical Surveillance
- What Is the Purpose?
- Medical Report
- Medical Opinion
- Introduction to Crystalline Silica
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize workplace tasks that could result in exposure to crystalline silica
- Identify health hazards caused by exposure to crystalline silica
- Recall the various methods of communicating crystalline silica hazards: labels, safety data sheets, and signs
- Apply exposure control measures to protect their employees from the effects of crystalline silica dust
- Explain the purpose of OSHA’s required medical surveillance program
- Intended Audience: Managers and supervisors of general industry employees exposed to crystalline silica while on the job
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.1053
- Length: 30 minutes
- Language: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2016 (Rev. 7/16, 5/18)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.