- Program addresses the requirements of 49 CFR Section 392.9 and Part 393, Subpart I
- Covers key topics, including:
- Pre-trip and en route responsibilities related to cargo loading, cargo inspection, and cargo securement
- Differences between direct tiedown and indirect tiedown methods
- How each method affects the number of tiedowns required
- Restraining capacity of tiedown devices, how to determine them, and how they affect cargo securement
- Determining the minimum number of tiedowns required for loads, and know why it often makes sense to go above and beyond the minimum requirements
- Proper cargo securement techniques
- How cargo securement and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) are related
- Securement requirements for several common types of cargo typically hauled by flatbeds
- Program includes multiple 3-D animations to illustrate proper cargo securement techniques
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-327-6868 Learn more.