Canada Hours of Service Training: Manual Logs - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 62672, 67573
Best Selling Online Courses
NOTE: Canada's electronic logging device mandate will go into effect on June 12, 2021, for federally regulated carriers and drivers as planned. However, on that date, enforcement will be educational. The Canadian jurisdictions have all agreed to a one-year enforcement period to June 2022.
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Time is limited. No one can add a minute to an hour, day, or week. For professional drivers, time is further limited by the hours-of-service regulations. The purpose of the hours-of-service regulations is to keep tired drivers off the road. After many hours behind the wheel, fatigue sets in, and it can lead to bad decisions and deadly crashes. For the safety of all drivers, compliance with the hours-of-service regulations is required of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers.
The Canada Hours of Service Training curriculum will help drivers and carriers to be compliant while maximizing the available hours through a full understanding of how the limits affect safety and productivity.
Every driver needs to know how to complete manual logs. Most often a manual log will be a paper grid log. Drivers who find themselves in a situation where they do not qualify for the 160-kilometer radius exception and ELD users who experience a malfunction of their device need to know how to manually record their duty status.
Canada Hours of Service Training: Manual Logs is designed to help drivers understand which fields are required to accurately prepare their record of duty status and how to complete a recap to avoid violations.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Driver's Manual Log
- Required Fields
- Other Fields Required (As Applicable)
- Record of Duty Status
- Filling Out a Manual Log
- Recapping Hours
- After completing this training course, learners will be able to:
- Identify required fields on a manual log
- Prepare a record of duty status using a manual log
- Describe how to complete a recap to determine the number of hours a driver has available before hitting the cycle limits
- Intended Audience: CMV Drivers Operating in Canada
- Length: 18 minutes
- Language: Available in English and French Canadian
- Copyright Date: 2021
- Reg Covered: SOR/2005-313
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.