Canada Hours of Service Training: Basics - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 62656, 67568
Best Selling Online Courses
NOTE: Canada's electronic logging device mandate will go into effect on June 12, 2021, for federally regulated carriers and drivers as planned. However, on that date, enforcement will be educational. The Canadian jurisdictions have all agreed to a one-year enforcement period to June 2022.
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Time is limited. No one can add a minute to an hour, day, or week. For professional drivers, time is further limited by the hours-of-service regulations. The purpose of the hours-of-service regulations is to keep tired drivers off the road. After many hours behind the wheel, fatigue sets in, and it can lead to bad decisions and deadly crashes. For the safety of all drivers, compliance with the hours-of-service regulations is required of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers.
The Canada Hours of Service Training curriculum will help drivers and carriers to be compliant while maximizing the available hours through a full understanding of how the limits affect safety and productivity.
It’s important for drivers to understand what it means to be regulated. Being regulated means a governmental agency is watching each driver and their safe behaviors—or lack of them. Even if you’re not keeping score, they are. Hours-of-service violations can have a negative effect on driver and carrier profiles. Some studies suggest that operating tired is like operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It’s dangerous for everyone on the road.
Canada Hours of Service Training: Basics is designed to cover the fundamentals of hours-of-service regulations and what it means to be regulated. Drivers will learn what types of activities they are expected to keep track of, and which are considered on-duty or off-duty. They will learn the importance of tracking rest cycles and the amount of work they’ve completed, which will help them determine if they are safe and legal to drive.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Who is Regulated?
- Definition of a CMV
- Driver and Carrier Responsibility
- Shared responsibility
- Shared consequences
- Purpose of the Hours-of-Service Regulations
- Keep Fatigued Drivers Off the Road
- Reduce the Number of Fatigue-Related Crashes
- Working Time
- On-Duty Time
- Off-Duty Time
- Exceptions to On Duty
- Tracking Duty Time
- Limits for the Workshift
- Limits for the Day
- Regulations Measure the Driver's Ability to Get Rest (not actual rest)
- Your Impact on Hours-of-Service Compliance
- Hours-of-Service Violations
- Who's Held Accountable?
- After completing this training course, learners will be able to:
- Identify who the hours-of-service regulations apply to
- Recognize the purpose of the hours-of-service regulations
- Differentiate between on-duty and off-duty activities
- Explain how hours-of-service violations affect driver abstracts and carrier profiles
- Intended Audience: CMV Drivers Operating in Canada
- Length: 18 minutes
- Language: Available in English and French Canadian
- Copyright Date: 2021
- Reg Covered: SOR/2005-313
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.