Bloodborne Pathogens: Safety in the Workplace - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Codes: 43850, 60431
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Bloodborne pathogen training enhanced with the EyeCue® Visual Learning System - See "EyeCue" tab for more details.
- Regulations covered: OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030)
- Bloodborne pathogens are bacteria and viruses that live in blood and other bodily fluids, (which include things like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, malaria, and a host of other pathogens including the Ebola* virus.)
- The J. J. Keller's Bloodborne Pathogens: Safety in the Workplace eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Bloodborne Pathogen Basics
- Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Transferring Pathogens
- Who is at Risk?
- Protect Yourself
- Emergency Number
- Preventive Measures
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Universal Precautions
- Control Measures
- Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Waste Disposal and Laundry
- Signs, Labels, and Colors
- Exposure & Decontamination
- Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Reporting Exposures
- The Decontamination Process
- Disposing of Biohazard Materials
- Post-Exposure Requirements
- Employee Rights
- Bloodborne Pathogen Basics
- Intended Audience:Anyone who could be exposed to bloodborne pathogens
- Length: Approximately 45 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2015 (Rev. 1/17), with EyeCue 2015 (Rev. 1/17)
- Language: Available in English or Spanish
*For more information regarding the Ebola virus, click here.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what bloodborne pathogens are and how they are spread
- Identify the Universal Precautions
- Identify preventive and control measures to take to help protect against exposure to harmful bloodborne pathogens
- List the activities to avoid when biohazard materials are present to minimize the chance of spreading infection and exposing others
- Discuss how to respond to emergencies involving bloodborne pathogens
- Recognize what to do in the event that exposure to bloodborne pathogens occurs
J. J. Keller® EyeCue® Visual Learning System
Reinforce your safety and compliance training throughout the workplace with J. J. Keller® training programs featuring the J. J. Keller® EyeCue® Visual Learning System.
The EyeCue® system is a whole new way of training, and how it works is easy:
- Train employees using J. J. Keller® programs enhanced with EyeCue® icons shown at key training points throughout the program.
- Identify areas in your company to place the corresponding EyeCue® tags where employee recall of those training lessons is critical.
- Reinforce the lessons by encouraging employees to associate the tags with the related J. J. Keller® training for greater retention.
See the EyeCue® Visual Learning System in action:
Visit JJKeller.com/EyeCue to learn more about the J. J. Keller® EyeCue® Visual Learning System, including all available EyeCue® workplace safety training programs, tags and posters to reinforce your training efforts.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-800-327-6868.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.