Asbestos Awareness Training - Online Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Asbestos is a known human carcinogen. Exposure to it can cause very serious health conditions that can lead to disability and, in some cases, death. Therefore, it is extremely important to monitor and reduce workers' exposure.
This course is designed to help learners understand the basics of asbestos and how to minimize exposure and keep themselves safe.
- The J. J. Keller's Asbestos Awareness Training eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Asbestos Basics
- What is it?
- Exposure Routes
- Smoking & Asbestos
- Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Minimizing Exposure
- Measuring it
- Monitoring it
- Hazard Communication
- Protective Clothing & Equipment
- Engineering & Work Practice Controls
- Additional Exposure Requirements
- Training Requirements
- Medical Exam Requirements
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Written Compliance Program
- Job-Specific Requirements
- Asbestos Basics
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is, how they can become exposed, and the potential results of exposure
- Identify ways to help minimize exposure
- Explain additional requirements for when they are exposed to it in the workplace
- Intended Audience: Any employee in general industry who may be exposed to asbestos
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.1001
- Length: 30 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.