Active Shooter/Active Threat: How to Survive - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Codes: 56447, 56448
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
To help prevent loss of human life in a workplace shooting incident, companies and individual employees must take steps to plan and prepare for these types of events.
This active shooter training course helps empower employees to anticipate and recognize an active shooter/threat situation and respond appropriately and immediately if they are ever faced with one. Specifically, it covers the warning signs of workplace violence, how to recognize the presence of a threat, the best course of action to take based on individual abilities and location, and the steps individuals should follow when law enforcement arrives.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Be Prepared
- Introduction to Shooting Incidents
- Workplace Violence Indicators
- We Are Not All Victims
- Signs of a Shooting in Progress
- Responding to an Active Shooter Situation
- Assess the Situation
- Avoiding the Threat
- Denying the Active Shooter's Access to You
- Defending Yourself Against the Shooter
- What's Next
- When Police Arrive at the Scene
- After the Incident
- Be Prepared
- After completing this active shooter training course, employees will be able to:
- Describe warning signs of potential workplace violence
- Discuss how to properly prepare themselves for a threat situation
- Recognize signs that an active threat is near
- Identify the best course of action to take if confronted with a workplace shooter and execute the plan
- Explain what to do when police arrive on the scene
- Intended Audience: Any individual in any industry
- Length: 50 minutes
- Regs Covered: General Duty Clause OSH Act 5(a)(1)
- Language: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2018
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.