IRS to hold tax compliance webinar during National Small Business Week
Posted May 4, 2016
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is marking National Small Business Week, May 1 to 7, by encouraging small business owners and self-employed individuals to check out several products to help with understanding and meeting tax obligations.
The products include an educational webinar to help with tax compliance. The webinar start at 2 p.m. Eastern (11 a.m., Pacific; noon, Mountain; 1 p.m., Central).
- Tip Reporting and Tips vs. Service Charges, May 5
Register on the IRS website
Tips Versus Services Charges: How to Report
Other small business products
The IRS video portal contains video and audio presentations on a variety of topics for small businesses.
- The IRS YouTube video channel also offers videos for small businesses including:
- IRS Tax Calendar
- Audits by Mail – What to Do?
- Simplified Home Office Deduction
- The Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center is an online resource featuring links to a variety of tools, including Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop, a downloadable tax calendar and common forms and their instructions. The Center provides help on items such as obtaining an Employer Identification Number online and engaging with the IRS during an audit.
The Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center is for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has tips and references to the tax rules that a self-employed person may need to know.
J. J. Keller's Wage & Hour Compliance Assessment can help you avoid costly fines and litigation related to wage and hour violations.
J. J. Keller's FREE HRClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read human resources-related news right to your email inbox.