Please note: This product has been updated with the December 2012 changes to the CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) Methodology. Visit JJKeller.com/csa
to stay informed on the latest developments.
- In-depth special report helps you gain a better understanding of this important initiative
- Covers a broad range of topics, including:
- What is Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA - formerly CSA 2010)
- The SafeStat Model
- The CSA Model
- CSA's seven Behavioral Analysis Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs), how they're measured, and severity tables
- FMCSA's intervention procedures under CSA
- Safety fitness determination
- Agency contacts
- Special Reports are available as part of J. J. Keller's Motor Carrier Safety Report subscription.
In August 2013, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration revised its CSA scoring methodology to include these two new violations, effective July 1, 2013:
- HOS BASIC: 395.3(a)(3)(ii), the 30-minute break requirement, with a severity of 7
- Drugs & Alcohol BASIC: 392.5(a)(3), alcohol possession, with a severity of 3
These changes will be included in the next printing of the CSA Special Report.