What's new in J. J. Keller's FMCSR Pocketbook?
This essential pocketbook is the only FMCSR pocketbook printed every month. Here's a look at a sampling of recent changes made to this handy resource.
September 2012 Update
The September printing includes one area of change:
- Revised brake readjustment limits in Part 393 and Appendix G.
July 2012 Update
The July printing includes the following:
- Revisions in Parts 390 and 396 concerning DVIRs for intermodal equipment.
- Removal of regulations and specifications in Part 395 for electronic on-board recorders.
June 2012 Update
The June printing includes the following changes:
- revisions to Parts 383, 390, and 391 and were prompted by one major final rule, National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners, published April 20, 2012.
This final rule establishes training, testing, and certification standards for medical examiners. Beginning May 21, 2014, only medical examiners listed in the registry may be used to conduct medical exams.
February 2012 Update
The February printing includes the following major change:
- Updated regulations regarding the Hours-of-Service requirements. Effective date is February 27, 2012.
January 2012 Update
The January printing includes the following major change:
- Hand-held cell phone ban. The new regulation prohibiting the use of hand-held cell phones is Sec. 392.82. Related regulatory revisions were made in Parts 383, 390, and 391, and Sec. 392.80. Cell phone ban goes into effect January 3, 2012.
December 2011 Update
The December printing includes the following change:
- Section 391.41(a)(2) was revised to require CDL drivers to carry their medical card on them until January 30, 2014. Beginning on that date, drivers would no longer have to carry it if they submitted a copy of their medical card to their state's driver licensing agency.
Previously, the regulation allowed drivers to stop carrying their medical card as of January 30, 2012, if they submitted a copy of their medical card to their state's driver licensing agency.
July 2011 Update
The July printing includes the following change:
- CDL learner's permit changes and CDL testing standard changes were made.
June 2011 Update
The June printing includes the following change:
- The hours-of-service exception for railroad signal employees was added.
January 2011 Update
The January printing includes the following change:
- Section 387.7 was revised to require brokers that arrange interstate household goods moves to comply with consumer protection requirements. Effective date is January 28, 2011.