According to Freightwatch International's 2013 Global Cargo Theft Threat Assessment, there were 946 cargo theft incidents throughout the U.S. in 2012. This is the highest number of theft incidents on record. With an average of 78.8 cargo theft incidents per month, the U.S. sustained cargo theft incidents at a rate of 2.59 per day. Of these thefts, 766 (80.97%) were full-truckload or container thefts.
When your cargo is at risk, so are your drivers. Items like security seals and padlocks, combined with driver safety training programs, can help protect your organization, its property, and drivers.
That’s where J. J. Keller can help. Our wide ranging line of security solutions – manuals, driver safety training programs, security seals – can help you keep your drivers and cargo safe.
Our transportation security products can provide you with:
- Driver safety tips and procedures
- Strategies to protect cargo and drivers
- Several options for driver safety training
- Information on terrorism
- Reliable security seals for just about any type of cargo protection
- Updates on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- And more