- Properly train drivers to help them pass inspections and avoid being placed out of service
- Helps with CSA, which places more emphasis on roadside inspections (includes 12-minute CSA bonus segment)
- Also covers the following topics:
- Roadside inspections - who conducts them and why
- The Six Levels of Inspections
- How drivers should prepare for a roadside inspection
- How drivers should prepare their vehicles for a roadside inspection
- How drivers should conduct themselves during a roadside inspection
- CVSA out-of-service criteria
- Results of a failed roadside inspection
- Consequences of a failed roadside inspection
- Helps you prepare for the annual Roadcheck enforcement program
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-843-3174 ext. 8814. Learn more.
One poor inspection performance can lead to a driver or vehicle being placed out of service, and that can result in more drivers being selected for inspections. This in turn can lead to delivery delays, lost revenue, DOT fines, fewer customers, damaged company image, or an in-house DOT audit. That's why it's important to make sure your drivers are properly prepared for roadside inspections — and understand the consequences of a failed inspection.
Roadside Inspections: A Driver's Guide also features ...
- Advice from safety professionals, trainers, and drivers
- Loads of facts and figures concerning roadside inspections
- An inside look at what roadside inspections are all about and what drivers should do to prepare
- Info on the consequences faced should a driver have a poor inspection and how such an inspection can affect their career
- Info on how a poor inspection can affect the reputation and bottom line of drivers and carriers
- (1) 20-Minute DVD - The program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels. Includes 40 minutes of DVD bonus materials.
- (1) Instructor Guide - Product Code: 15915 (503-HRV-9) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session. 16 pages.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Product Code: 15913 (504-HRV-9) - Review key points and include a quiz to check drivers' understanding of the material. 20 pages.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with handouts, quizzes, clip art, posters and a training log.
- (11) Tractor-Trailer Inspection Cards - Product Code: 4825 (055-FBT)
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 13927 (438-K -P) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Includes a CSA-Specific Introduction
- Main Program Introduction
- Six Levels of Inspection
- Level I - North American Standard of Inspection
- Level II - Walk-Around Driver/Vehicle Inspection
- Level III - Driver/Credential Inspection
- Level IV - Special Inspections
- Level V - Vehicle-Only Inspection
- Level VI - Radioactive Materials Hauler Inspection
- The Inspections
- The Driver
- The Vehicle
- The Documents
- The Results
- Preparing for an Inspection
- Consequences of Failed Inspection
- CSA and Roadside Inspections - Bonus Segment (Rev. 12/12)
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews - EYE ON Speed & Space Management and Right Turns/Left turns/Intersections Previews - Offers a sneak peek at related training programs