This program is available for 30 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller Training On Demand account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, Click here to purchase, or learn more about Training Points.
- Helps you comply with the initial and refresher training requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) and applicable GHS requirements
- Topics covered by HazCom: What You Need To Know include:
- Hazard classification and categories
- Chemical inventory
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and the new GHS-specified 16-section format
- GHS-style labels
- Employee training requirements
- HazCom written program
- Best practices for safely handling chemicals
- Available in English, Spanish, and Canadian French
- Intended Audience: All employees who have an exposure or a potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals; it's targeted at employees who need a general overview of the Hazard Communication standard's requirements
- Length: Approximately 90 minutes
Note: You will receive login information for your Interactive Online Training order within 24 hours, Monday - Thursday. Orders placed on Friday after 1:00 PM Central will be processed on the next business day.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-327-6868 Learn more.
After completing this course, students will understand:
- The dangers of working with hazardous chemicals.
- The reasons why OSHA developed the Hazard Communication Standard, and how HazCom helps prevent accidents and injuries caused by hazardous chemical exposure.
- The background information on the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) and why OSHA adopted the GHS standards.
- OSHA's definition of a hazardous chemical and the physical and health hazard classes and categories.
- The five employer requirements mandated by the HazCom Standard: chemical inventory, safety data sheets, labeling, employee information and training, and a written HazCom program.
- What a chemical inventory is and how this list of chemical information helps protect employees.
- The purpose of safety data sheets and the GHS-specified 16-section format, as well as the information that must be included in each section.
- The six required label elements, including the nine pictograms.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones, soundcard or on-board audio source
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 25 or newer for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of those browsers as well as the latest version of Flash.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Minimum bandwidth availability of 1.5 Mbps. 3.0 Mbps or higher recommended.
- This course can be completed using a tablet device, such as an iPad or Android tablet. We do not recommend nor support using a mobile device with a screen size of less than seven inches, such as a smart phone.
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller's Training On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points
To learn more about or order Training Points, click here.
For information on unlimited training purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a Training On Demand account and wish to log in, click here.