What's new in J. J. Keller's FMCSR Pocketbook?
This essential pocketbook is the only FMCSR pocketbook printed every month. Here's a look at a sampling of recent changes made to this handy resource.
March 2014 Update
The March printing includes the following change:
- In Section 391.41, the date was extended for drivers to carry their medical cards with them, until January 30, 2015.
December 2013 Update
The December printing includes the following change:
- Revised Section 395.3 to add exception to 30-minute break for short-haul drivers.
November 2013 Update
The November printing includes the following changes:
- Revised regulations to implement provisions of MAP-21 in the following parts: Parts 383, 387, and 392.
- Added Section 392.12 to address safe clearance of railroad grade crossings.
- This edition also includes many technical corrections issued by FMCSA on September 24, 2013.
October 2013 Update
The October printing includes the following changes:
- Added and revised regulations as a result of the URS final rule, which concerns the registration and required updating of information for motor carriers (e.g., MCS-150) and other entities. The Title 49 CFR Parts affected by changes are: Parts 387, 390, and 392.
June 2013 Update
The June printing includes the following changes:
- Eliminated the requirement that drivers must report driving convictions from another state to their home state.
May 2013 Update
The May printing includes the following changes:
- Exemptions for "Covered Farm Vehicles" were added to Parts 382, 383, 390, 391, 395, and 396. Revisions were made to CDL testing and CDL Learner's Permit standards in Sections 383.73, 383.75, and 383.153.
September 2012 Update
The September printing includes one area of change:
- Revised brake readjustment limits in Part 393 and Appendix G.