What's new in J. J. Keller's FMCSR Pocketbook?
This essential pocketbook is the only FMCSR pocketbook printed every month. Here's a look at a sampling of recent changes made to this handy resource.
January 2015 Update
The January printing includes two changes:
- Editor's Notes added to the 34-hour restart restrictions in Sec. 395.3 stating that they're not being enforced
- Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report requirements in Sec. 396.11 has been revised
March 2014 Update
The March printing includes the following change:
- In Section 391.41, the date was extended for drivers to carry their medical cards with them, until January 30, 2015.
December 2013 Update
The December printing includes the following change:
- Revised Section 395.3 to add exception to 30-minute break for short-haul drivers.
November 2013 Update
The November printing includes the following changes:
- Revised regulations to implement provisions of MAP-21 in the following parts: Parts 383, 387, and 392.
- Added Section 392.12 to address safe clearance of railroad grade crossings.
- This edition also includes many technical corrections issued by FMCSA on September 24, 2013.
October 2013 Update
The October printing includes the following changes:
- Added and revised regulations as a result of the URS final rule, which concerns the registration and required updating of information for motor carriers (e.g., MCS-150) and other entities. The Title 49 CFR Parts affected by changes are: Parts 387, 390, and 392.