The FMCSR Handbook contains critical regulatory information on a wide range of fleet safety topics:
- alcohol and drug testing
- CDL standards
- financial responsibility for motor carriers
- driver qualification
- safe operation of commercial motor vehicles
- hours of service
- vehicle inspection, repair and maintenance
- hazardous materials
- and much more
Click on the links below to view sample pages from J. J. Keller's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Handbook.
The August 2015 printing of the FMCSR Handbook contains two significant revisions:
- In Part 40, changes were made to the Chain of Custody and Control Form to include electronic versions of the form.
- Revised medical form and card, and recordkeeping and reporting procedures (Part 391).
- Added regulations regarding the lease and interchange of passenger-carrying vehicles (Part 390).
The May 2015 printing of the FMCSR Handbook contains two significant revisions:
- Revised the civil penalties for violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Federal Hazardous Materials Regulations.
- Added interpretation to Section 390.5 about a specific accident scenario and whether it meets the definition of an accident.
- Added interpretation to Section 391.21 about employer notification systems and motor vehicle records.
The February 2015 printing of the FMCSR Handbook contains two significant revisions:
- Added Editor's Notes to the 34-hour restart restrictions in Sec. 395.3 stating that the restrictions are not being enforced
- Revised the Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report requirements (Sec. 396.11)