- (1) 25-Minute Video - The program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels. Also includes “Did you know?” segments based on common customer questions.
- (1) Instructor's Guide - Product Code: 11903 (531-H) - Features five situational narratives to help engage drivers in discussion, as well as other major topics: introduction to the topic, how to use the program, regulatory background, overview of required tests, and effects of alcohol and drugs on the body.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Product Codes: 11888 (532-H), 11887 (532-H -S) - Cover the 11 required topics carriers must discuss with drivers and feature tear-out driver receipts.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - CD-ROM features supplementary information, including content for PowerPoint presentation, quizzes, answer keys, clip art, posters, and a training log. These items can be used as-is, customized, or imported into PowerPoint® presentations.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 11905 (280-K -P) - Colorful poster highlights the topic and provide visible reminders long after training is complete.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet - Product Code: 11907 (239-BC) - Provides quick, simple proof that training has been completed. Includes one wallet card sheet, perforated to provide 10 cards.
- (11) Alcohol & Drug Testing Skill Cards - Product Code: 11983 (280-RC) - Includes essential information about alcohol- and drug-testing procedures, testing requirements, driver rights, protecting drivers' privacy during testing, and testing form samples.
- (1) Confidential Alcohol and Drug File Packet - Product Code: 3268 (451-F) - Includes a variety of forms to help satisfy the recordkeeping requirements in 49 CFR §382.401.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Introduction - Explains the testing requirements for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers and what is considered a safety-sensitive function.
- Required Testing - Reviews Pre-employment testing (for drugs) and Post-accident, Random, Reasonable Suspicion testing (for drugs and alcohol), and, when necessary, Return-to-duty and Follow-up testing.
- Alcohol Testing Procedures - Reviews what drivers can expect to encounter when they must report to a testing facility, including a BAT (breath alcohol technician) or an STT (screening test technician), an EBT device (for evidential breath testing), and demonstrates how breath alcohol testing is done.
- Drug Testing Procedures - Reviews what drivers can expect to encounter when they must report to a testing facility for collection of a drug screening sample, including the role of a MRO (medical review officer).
- Conclusion - Reiterates the need for required alcohol and drug testing for the safety of the motoring public.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management - Gives introduction to topic for trainer/management.
- A Supervisor's Guide to Reasonable Suspicion Testing Preview - Offers a sneak peek at training program for related topic.
- A Precautionary Vignette - Depicts a video-based scenario that further illustrates the dangers of alcohol misuse and drug use.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)